VWG has developed a kit that can be used to convert the globally popular diesel into natural gas engines (BIO-CNG, CNG, LNG).
VWG’s proprietary diesel-to-natural gas engine conversion kit is used for bus and truck applications, as well as stationary applications. It simplifies the engine conversion process by integrating the ignition control and electronic fuel injection into one control unit. The system offers closed-loop fuel control for low emissions, as well as J1939 CANbus communications with electronic gauges in the dashboard.
The VWG Kit includes all components needed to convert the diesel engine into a natural gas engine, such as low compression pistons, natural gas fuel injectors and ignition components, as well as an advanced electronic control module and multiple sensors. For applications requiring extra-low emissions, such as EURO IV or EURO V.
The conversion steps dentail:
- Disassembling original engine.
- Checking components and replacing as necessary.
- Modifying pistons for gas use (lower compression ratio).
- Modifying cylinder head for spark plugs.
- Installing camshaft sensor and timing wheel.
- Reassembling engine.
- Installing throttle body, ignition system, gas mixer or fuel injectors.
- Tuning of the engine (fuel and ignition).